Dealing with a potential spill disaster on your keyboard? We've got you covered with some handy tips to prepare for the unexpected:
- Be Prepared: When spill day arrives, it's too late to start learning how to dismantle your keyboard. Check out our video on disassembly and reassembly. The key is to be ready before anything happens.
- Hands Up: If liquids find their way onto your keyboard, resist the urge to panic and avoid immediately wiping it with a cloth or your sleeve. This could press the keys, making it easier for the liquid to reach the electronics. Leave it as is and calmly move on to the next tip.
- Unplug: As soon as possible, disconnect the keyboard to prevent a short circuit that could damage the electronics. Short circuits occur when the liquid disrupts the normal flow of electricity.
- Dry the Electronics: Disassemble the keyboard and focus on drying the electronics. Use a hairdryer if you've spilled water, but avoid blowing directly onto the electronics. If the liquid is coffee, milk, or soda, clean the electronic components with 96% isopropyl alcohol or ethyl alcohol. Make sure there's no moisture before plugging it back in.
- Dry Everything Else: While the electronics are drying, tend to the keys, panels, and other parts. Use a window cleaner to avoid leaving traces on plastic or metal. If you spilled something oily, clean with water and soap before using the window cleaner.
- Prevent Future Spills: After witnessing the aftermath of spills, you might be wondering how to avoid a repeat. We won't suggest giving up coffee or water. The next best option is to elevate your keyboard with a tenting kit. We've seen it save some Dygma keyboards from drowning in coffee!
⚠️IN THE CASE OF DYGMA DEFY, YOU CAN ONLY ORDER THE TENTING KIT WHEN CONFIGURING YOUR KEYBOARD! THERE IS NO POSSIBILITY OF ADAPTING A TENTING KIT TO A DEFY WITHOUT THAT SPECIFIC CONFIGURATION.