When designing the Raise, we decided not to cut down the features. It is more expensive to manufacture than the vast majority of keyboards because of its many features and premium materials.
Because it is a split keyboard, it's like manufacturing 2 keyboards, you need double the PCBs and aluminum cases.
There's no other keyboard in the market that offers this wide-ranging combination of awesome features:
- Split ergonomic design.
- Hot-swappable mechanical switches.
- 8 thumb keys.
- Re-bindable keys.
- Any key can be a macro.
- 10 different layers to customize layouts.
- Any key can be a Superkey: up to 5 different actions depending on how you press the key.
- Both sides are independent and detachable.
- Gaming keypad and keyboard on the same device.
- RGB backlight and underglow.
- LEDs allow you to know what layer you're in.
- Full aluminum body.
- Open-source firmware and software with regular updates.
- Optional Tenting Kit add-on to tent the sides up to 40 degrees.
We hope this helps you understand Raise's price.