This is a troubleshooting guide. If you're unable to update your Raise firmware using the standard method, then you can follow this guide to reset your Neuron with extra safe steps.
Updating new firmware to the Neuron is a sensitive process. Sometimes the only way to make sure we update the firmware properly is by resetting the Neuron.
- This process will erase your current layers and will revert them back to the original settings.
- Before proceeding, we recommend that you export and save your layers.
- Download and install the latest Bazecor version.
To reset the Neuron, follow the instructions carefully:
- Close Bazecor if it's open.
- Connect only the Neuron to your computer.
- Connect it using the USB-A to C cable directly to your computer's motherboard.
- Disconnect any high-drain device from all other USB ports. Leave only your mouse and keyboard connected.
- Find an earring or a paperclip and use it to press the Reset button at the back of the Neuron. Double click it like you would double click a mouse button. The Neuron will start pulsing blue light.
- Open Bazecor.
- Click here and select ANSI (American keyboards) or ISO (European keyboards).
- Click Connect > Update Firmware > Next > Start Countdown.
- The Neuron will pulse a blue pattern followed by a flash of multiple colors for a few seconds.
- When the update finishes, your Neuron's lights will remain off.
If Bazecor goes white, close and reopen Bazecor.
- Disconnect the Neuron, connect the cable of the keyboard's sides to the Neuron, and reconnect the Neuron to the computer.
- Open Bazecor and remap or restore your layers.
If the flashing process is unsuccessful, it can be caused by these problems:
- Faulty USB-A to C cable. To make sure your cable isn't defective, please try an alternative USB-A to C cable and repeat the process.
- Faulty USB drivers on Windows. To solve this you can follow these steps:
- Have your Neuron connected.
- Close all programs on your taskbar and on your hidden icons.
- Open the Device Manager
- For all entries named "HID Keyboard Device" inside "Keyboards", and all entries named "USB Serial Device" inside "Ports", right-click and select "Uninstall device".
- Now disconnect the Neuron, and re-connect it.
- Do the process again.
- Faulty Bazecor installation. To solve this, please make a clean install of Bazecor, and redo the process.