Be careful when removing the keycaps and the switches. Make sure you use the proper tools. But most of all, be extra careful when mounting the switches onto the keyboard.
Before removing the switches, you would first need to remove the keycaps.
How to remove the keycaps
- When removing the keycaps, simply secure the keycap with the keycap puller and pull gently.
- Use your other hand to hold down the keyboard.
After removing the keycaps, you may then remove the switches.
How to remove the switches
- When removing the switches, use the switch puller. Unclip the top and bottom clips while pulling up gently.
- The low profile switches are more difficult to remove. When removing them, make sure you clip the sides.
- Be careful not to scratch the keyboard with the puller.
How to mount switches
BE VERY CAREFUL when mounting the switches! If you feel a lot of resistance, don’t continue pushing. If you push too hard, you could break an electronic component and void the warranty.
- When mounting the switches, align the pins and insert them into the correct holes. The same applies to the low profile switches.
- Be careful not to bend the metal pins when mounting the switches.
- While fitting the switches, do it gently. If you feel a lot of resistance, don’t continue pushing. If you push too hard you could break an electronic component and void the warranty.
- The hole on the switch where the LED light shines through should be at the top.