If your keyboard isn't working correctly but you aren't sure what's going on, we have a few tips to get you running or at least identify where the problem is coming from.
Most of these tips are related to connectivity. The most common reason a Defy may not work correctly is a lack of power or an unstable connection. And both things can be originated by software or hardware (making it tricky to identify).
We recommend following this order for the troubleshooting:
- First of all, ensure that you are using the original Dygma cables. They are designed specifically for the Defy.
- Switch the short cable of one side of the keyboard for the longer 50cm USB C to C cable that is included with the keyboard, and test the keyboard to see if the issue persists.
- Switch back to the original side cable, and then use the longer USB C to C cable on the other side instead to test both side cables.
- If none of the above worked, try different cables to connect your Neuron to your computer. If you have a non-Dygma cable, try it too. This may help discover a Dygma faulty cable.
- Use USB ports on your motherboard directly, not front USB ports, HUBs, or monitor ports.
- Try different USB ports on your computer.
- Test the Neuron on another computer with Bazecor. If it works there, something about your main computer's configuration is causing the issue.
- If you still have the issue, uninstall Bazecor completely.
- Close Bazecor
- On the Start menu, look for "Add or remove programs". Open it.
- In the Apps & Features list, look for all apps that are named Bazecor (you may have more than one). Select them and click uninstall. Confirm uninstallation.
- Delete Bazecor folders in Windows:
- Close Bazecor
- Delete Bazecor folders in:
- Then, download Bazecor and install it again.
- Open Bazecor and update your Defy's firmware by going to the "Firmware Update" tab on the left sidebar menu and following the instructions on screen.
- If you already use the latest firmware, please "Reflash" in the same menu. A corrupted firmware could also cause this, so re-flashing could fix this.
If your Defy isn't working correctly after going through these troubleshooting steps, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.